You can allow the system to maintain an ApsaraDB for Redis instance during off-peak hours by modifying the default maintenance window.
- Alibaba Cloud maintains Tair instances and servers to ensure that they run stably. Maintenance for instances and servers occurs at irregular intervals. To ensure that the maintenance is successful, instances enter the Maintaining Instance state before the maintenance window runs on the day of maintenance. When an instance is in this state, you can still access data in the database. You are temporarily not allowed to make instance changes in the Tair console. For example, you cannot change the configurations of the instance. However, you can perform queries. For example, you can query performance monitoring data. Note Before the maintenance window runs, Tair sends text messages and emails to the contacts that are associated with your Alibaba Cloud account.
- Instances may temporarily disconnect when you make changes to the instances. For example, an instance is disconnected when you change the configurations of the instance. To minimize the impacts on your business, we recommend that you perform these operations during the maintenance window.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for Redis console and go to the Instances page. In the top navigation bar, select the region in which the instance that you want to manage resides. Then, find the instance and click its ID.
- In the Basic Information section, select a time range from the Maintenance Window drop-down list.
- Select a proper time range. Note The time displayed in the console is in the same time zone as your computer.
Related API operations
|ModifyInstanceMaintainTime||Modifies the maintenance window of an ApsaraDB for Redis instance. Alibaba Cloud maintains ApsaraDB for Redis instances during the specified maintenance window.|