ApsaraDB for Redis has been integrated with CloudMonitor. This topic describes how to configure alert rules for important metrics of an ApsaraDB for Redis instance in the CloudMonitor console. This way, you can handle exceptions of metrics or instances at the earliest opportunity.
CloudMonitor is a service that can be used to monitor Alibaba Cloud resources and Internet applications. The service is an all-in-one enterprise-grade monitoring service that works out-of-the-box. For more information, see What is CloudMonitor? You can create alert rules and specify the metrics based on which alerts are set. When the alert rules of a specified metric are triggered, alerts are generated and sent to alert contacts in an alert contact group.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for Redis console and go to the Instances page. In the top navigation bar, select the region in which the instance is deployed. Then, find the instance and click the instance ID.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Alarm Settings.
- On the Alarm Settings page, view monitoring metrics of the current instance. You can also click Alert Settings in the upper-right corner to go to the CloudMonitor console to add or manage alert
The following table describes the alert types that are supported by CloudMonitor.
Alert type Instance type Metric Description References Threshold-triggered alerts
When you create a threshold-triggered alert, you must specify the instance type to be associated with the alert. The following instance types are supported:
- ApsaraDB for Redis (standard architecture)
- ApsaraDB for Redis (cluster architecture)
- ApsaraDB for Redis (read/write splitting architecture)
- ApsaraDB for Redis Enhanced Edition (Tair) storage-optimized master-replica instances
- ApsaraDB for Redis Enhanced Edition (Tair) persistent memory-optimized standard instances
- ApsaraDB for Redis Enhanced Edition (Tair) persistent memory-optimized cluster instances
Metrics vary based on instance types. Cluster instances and read/write splitting instances separately support metrics for data nodes and proxy nodes. For more information, see ApsaraDB for Redis (standard architecture), ApsaraDB for Redis (cluster architecture), and ApsaraDB for Redis (read/write splitting architecture). When the value of a metric exceeds the specified threshold, the system sends an alert. For example, if the CPU utilization of an ApsaraDB for Redis instance exceeds the 90% threshold, the system sends an alert. These alerts enable you to understand and respond to exceptions in a timely manner.
In most cases, workloads are sensitive to fluctuations in the CPU utilization, memory usage, and network traffic of an ApsaraDB for Redis instance. We recommend that you specify alert thresholds for the main metrics. The following metrics and thresholds are provided for your reference:
- CPU utilization: greater than 60%.
- Memory usage: greater than 80%.
- Inbound bandwidth usage and outbound bandwidth usage: greater than 80%.
- Disk usage: greater than 80%. This threshold applies only to ApsaraDB for Redis Enhanced Edition (Tair) storage-optimized master-replica instances.
Create a threshold-triggered alert rule Event-triggered alerts N/A
- InstanceMaintenance (proactive O&M events)
If an ApsaraDB for Redis instance fails, performs a master-replica failover, or runs a proactive O&M task such as an instance migration, the system sends an alert. This allows you to resolve issues at the earliest opportunity. Subscribe to event notifications