After you purchase a pay-as-you-go instance, you can change its billing method to subscription.
The instance is billed on a pay-as-you-go basis and is in the Running state.
Note If the instance changes to a state such as Locked before you pay for an order for changing the billing method, your payment may fail. After the state of the instance changes back to Running, you can resume paying for the order.
- An instance starts to be billed on a subscription basis immediately after the billing method of the instance is changed to subscription.
- When you change the billing method of a pay-as-you-go instance to subscription, the system generates an order. The new billing method takes effect only after you pay for this order. If you do not pay for this order, an unpaid order is displayed on the Orders page. In this case, you cannot purchase instances or change the billing method of another instance until you pay the unpaid balance. Note
- If you have an unpaid order for changing the billing method of a pay-as-you-go instance to subscription and you have scaled up the instance, the order amount is insufficient for the billing method change due to changed instance configurations. In this case, the order cannot be paid. You must cancel this unpaid order and change the billing method of the instance again.
- If you want to cancel an unpaid order, you can cancel the order on the Orders page.
- Billing method switch is not available for instances that use phased out instance types.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for Redis console and go to the Instances page. In the top navigation bar, select the region of the instance for which you want to change the billing method.
- Find the instance. In the Actions column, choose .
- Select a period for Subscription Duration.
- Read and select ApsaraDB for KVStore (Subscription) Terms of Service. Click Buy Now and pay for the order.
Related API operations
|TransformToPrePaid||Changes the billing method of an instance from pay-as-you-go to subscription.|