Enable or disable the release protection feature for an instance.
- SQL Server
- Enable and disable instance release protection for an ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL instance
- Enable and disable instance release protection for an ApsaraDB RDS for PostgreSQL instance
- Enable and disable instance release protection for an ApsaraDB RDS for SQL Server instance
- Enable and disable release protection for an ApsaraDB RDS for MariaDB instance
The following table shows the authorization information corresponding to the API. The authorization information can be used in the
Action policy element to grant a RAM user or RAM role the permissions to call this API operation. Description:
- Operation: the value that you can use in the Action element to specify the operation on a resource.
- Access level: the access level of each operation. The levels are read, write, and list.
- Resource type: the type of the resource on which you can authorize the RAM user or the RAM role to perform the operation. Take note of the following items:
- The required resource types are displayed in bold characters.
- If the permissions cannot be granted at the resource level,
All Resourcesis used in the Resource type column of the operation.
- Condition Key: the condition key that is defined by the cloud service.
- Associated operation: other operations that the RAM user or the RAM role must have permissions to perform to complete the operation. To complete the operation, the RAM user or the RAM role must have the permissions to perform the associated operations.
The client token that is used to ensure the idempotence of the request. You can use the client to generate the token, but you must make sure that the generated token is unique among different requests. The token can contain only ASCII characters and cannot exceed 64 characters in length.
The instance ID. You can call the DescribeDBInstances operation to query the instance ID.
Specifies whether to enable the release protection feature for the read-only instance. Valid values:
Sample success responses
|HTTP status code
|The operation is not permitted due to pay type of instance.
|The operation failed. The operation is not supported for the billing method of the RDS instance.
For a list of error codes, visit the Service error codes.
|Summary of changes