Database Autonomy Service (DAS) provides the automatic SQL optimization feature for ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL. You can use this feature to automatically diagnose and optimize slow SQL queries at the earliest opportunity and create indexes for an ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL instance. This helps ensure the optimal performance of the RDS instance.
- MySQL 8.0 on RDS High-availability Edition, RDS Enterprise Edition, or RDS Cluster Edition
- MySQL 5.7 on RDS High-availability Edition, RDS Enterprise Edition, or RDS Cluster Edition
- MySQL 5.6 on RDS High-availability Edition
- MySQL 5.5 on RDS High-availability Edition
- Go to the Instances page. In the top navigation bar, select the region in which the RDS instance resides. Then, find the RDS instance and click the ID of the instance.
- Go to the Autonomous Function Management panel.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose Autonomy Center tab. On the Autonomy Center tab, click Autonomy Service Settings. . On the page that appears, click the
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose Performance Trends tab of the page that appears, click Autonomy Service Settings. . On the
- On the Autonomous Function Settings tab, turn on the switch for the autonomy service. On the Optimization and Throttling tab, select Automatic Index Creation and Deletion.
- SQL Diagnostics Only: DAS performs daily diagnostics on SQL statements and provides index optimization suggestions. However, DAS does not create indexes on your RDS instance.
- SQL Diagnostics and Automatic Index Creation: DAS performs daily diagnostics on SQL statements, provides index optimization suggestions, and then creates indexes on your RDS instance based on the suggestions. Note DAS creates indexes within the maintenance window that you specify for your RDS instance.
- Click OK.
What to do next
On the Use the autonomy center feature for an ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL instance tab, you can set the Type parameter to Optimization Events to view the optimization events that occurred within the selected time period.