This topic describes how to add a node to an ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL cluster.
- An RDS cluster is created.
- The RDS cluster is in the Running state.
- When you add a node to an RDS cluster, the read and write requests of the RDS cluster are not affected.
- After you add a node, you can specify a weight for the node. This way, the system distributes requests to the node based on the specified weight to implement load balancing.
- An RDS cluster consists of up to one primary node and two secondary nodes.
For more information about the billing rules after nodes are added, see Specification changes.
- Go to the Instances page. In the top navigation bar, select the region in which the RDS instance resides. Then, find the RDS instance and click the ID of the instance.
- In the Instance Topology Management section, click Add or Delete Node.
- In the dialog box that appears, select Add Node and click Next step.
- In the Node section, click the icon or Add Node to select a zone for the node. Note If you want to cancel the addition operation, click the icon to the left of the node.
- Read and select Terms of Service and click Pay Now.
|Create a node for an instance||Adds a node to a cluster.|