This topic describes how to change the billing method of a cluster from pay-as-you-go to subscription based on your business requirements.
- The cluster must be in the Running state.
- No pending orders to change the billing method from pay-as-you-go to subscription. If pending orders exist, you must pay for or cancel these orders on the Orders page.
- You cannot change the billing method of a cluster from subscription to pay-as-you-go. Consider your requirements before changing the billing method to subscription to avoid unnecessary resource usage.
- Before you change the billing method, you must first upgrade the specification. If a cluster uses a specification that is no longer available, you cannot switch the billing method to subscription. For more information, see Change specifications.
- Log on to the PolarDB console.
- In the upper-left corner of the console, select the region in which the cluster that you want to manage is deployed.
- Find the cluster on the Clusters page and choose Actions column. in the
- On the Switch to Subscription page, check the cluster information, specify Purchase Plan, read and accept the terms of service, and then click Buy Now to complete the payment.Note
- The new billing method takes effect after you complete the payment.
- If the order is unpaid or the payment fails, an unfinished order appears on the Orders page. You cannot purchase a new cluster or change the billing method to subscription before you complete the payment.