Object Storage Service (OSS) provides different types of resource plans that you can use to offset specific resource fees. Some resource fees cannot be offset by using resource plans. This topic describes the reasons why you are still in arrears after you purchase a resource plan.
Mismatch between resource plans and billable items
Some billable items are not included in the resource plan.
- You are charged storage fees when you store your data in OSS.
- Storage fees can be offset by storage plans only when the storage classes or redundancy types of the storage plans are the same as the storage classes or redundancy types of the objects for which storage fees are generated. For example, you cannot use Standard locally redundant storage (LRS) storage plans to offset the storage fees of Infrequent Access (IA) LRS objects, or use LRS storage plans to offset the storage fees of zone-redundant storage (ZRS) objects.
- Storage capacity units (SCUs) cannot be used to offset the storage fees of Cold Archive LRS objects. If your bucket stores Cold Archive LRS objects but you purchased SCUs to offset storage fees, then an overdue payment occurs. For more information about SCUs, see SCU.
- If your data is accessed or downloaded by third parties, fees are generated, such as outbound traffic fees and API operation calling fees. Outbound traffic fees can be offset by outbound traffic plans. API operation calling fees cannot be offset by resource plans but are billed based on the pay-as-you-go billing method. In this case, an overdue payment occurs.
- If you use OSS together with CDN, CDN back-to-origin traffic fees are generated. If you do not purchase back-to-origin traffic plans, an overdue payment also occurs.
Mismatch between the regions of resource plans and the regions where fees are generated
The regions of the resource plans are different from the regions where fees are generated.
Resource plans and SCUs of specific regions can offset billable items only in these regions. For example, resource plans in the China (Hangzhou) region cannot offset fees that are generated in the China (Shanghai) region.
Excess resource usage
For example, you purchased an outbound traffic plan of 100 GB and the amount of outbound traffic in the month is 110 GB. You are charged for the excess 10 GB based on the pay-as-you-go billing method. In this case, an overdue payment occurs. To prevent overdue payments, you can upgrade resource plans. For more information about how to upgrade a resource plan, see Upgrade resource plans.
Standard (LRS) storage plans can be used to offset storage fees of Standard (LRS) objects and ECS regular snapshots. SCUs can be used to offset specific storage fees of multiple services. If you use multiple services at the same time and the resource plans that you purchased cannot offset the total fees of the service resources, then an overdue payment occurs. For example, you purchased a Standard (LRS) storage plan of 100 GB and your storage usage is 90 GB. If you have another 20 GB of storage usage for ECS snapshots, the storage fees are also offset by the Standard (LRS) storage plan. In this case, the total storage usage is 110 GB (90 GB + 20 GB), which exceeds the quota of the storage plan. In this case, an overdue payment also occurs.
Delayed billing system
After a resource plan takes effect, the resource plan automatically offsets fees for the usage of specific resources. OSS resource plans take effect after your purchase. The time when SCUs take effect is determined by the time that you specify. However, the billing system of Alibaba Cloud has a delay. For example, if a resource plan takes effect at 09:00:00 and you receive an overdue bill at 10:00:00, the issue may be because the bill was generated before 09:00:00. We recommend that you check the point in time at which the overdue payments occur after you receive an overdue bill.
- For more information about the billable items based on which the overdue payments are generated and the specific overdue amounts, see Query bills.
- For more information about the usage details of your resource plan, see View the usage details of a resource plan
- For more information about how to stop being charged for OSS resources, see How do I deactivate OSS or stop OSS charging my resources?.