This topic describes how to add a mongos node to an ApsaraDB for MongoDB sharded cluster instance.
For more information, see Configuration change fees.
- If the minor version of a sharded cluster instance expires or is not included in the maintenance list, ApsaraDB for MongoDB automatically updates the minor version of the instance to the latest version during a configuration change. This ensures that the sharded cluster instance can provide higher performance and higher stability.
- When mongos nodes are added, no transient connections occur and your business continues to run as expected.
- Typically, mongos nodes are added within 5 minutes. The time it takes to add mongos nodes is not dependent on the number of mongos nodes being added.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for MongoDB console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Sharded Cluster Instances.
- In the upper-left corner of the page, select the resource group and region to which the instance belongs.
- Click the ID of an instance, or click in the Actions column corresponding to the instance and select Manage.
- In the Mongos List section, click Add Mongos in the upper-left corner of the section.
- In the Add Mongos panel, specify the following parameters.
Parameter Description Instance Specifications The specifications of the mongos node that you want to add. For more information about the supported specifications of mongos nodes, see Sharded cluster instance types. Quantity The number of mongos nodes that you want to add.Note A maximum of 32 mongos nodes can be added to each sharded cluster instance. If the sharded cluster instance already has three mongos nodes and you want to add more mongos nodes, you can add a maximum of 29 mongos nodes to the sharded cluster instance.
- Perform the corresponding operations based on the selected billing method:
When nodes are being added to the sharded cluster instance, the instance is in the Creating Node state. Nodes are added to the instance when the state of the instance changes to Running.
- Pay-as-you-go: Click Pay Now. Then, the system automatically collects the amount in the next hour.
- Subscription: Click Pay Now. Then, the system automatically collects the amount.
Related API operations
|CreateNode||Adds a shard or mongos node to an ApsaraDB for MongoDB sharded cluster instance.|