Data Management (DMS) is an integrated and visualized database solution that offers data management, structure management, user authorization, security auditing, data trend analysis, data tracking, BI charts, performance optimization, and server management. You can use DMS to connect to ApsaraDB for MongoDB instances for remote access and online management.
Add the IP address of the DMS server (100.104.0.0/16) to a whitelist of an ApsaraDB for MongoDB instance. For more information, see Configure a whitelist for an ApsaraDB for MongoDB instance.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for MongoDB console.
- In the upper-left corner of the page, select the resource group and region to which the instance belongs.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Replica set instances.
- On the page that appears, find the instance that you want to manage and click its ID.
- In the upper-right corner of the page, click Log On and select a node.
- In the Login instance dialog box, specify the parameters.
Parameter Description Database Type The database engine of the instance. By default, this parameter is set to the database engine of the instance that you want to access. Instance Region The region where the instance is deployed. By default, this parameter is set to the region where the current instance is deployed. Connection string address The endpoint of the instance. By default, this parameter is set to the endpoint of the current instance. Database Name The name of the database corresponding to the account if authentication is enabled.Note
- If Database Account is set to root, the database name is admin.
- We recommend that you do not log on to a database as the root user in the production environment. You can create users and grant permissions to them based on your requirements. For more information, see Manage user permissions on MongoDB databases.
Database Account The account that is used to access the database. The initial account is
Database password The password of the account that is used to access the database.Note If you forget the password of the root account, you can reset the password by using the method described in Set a password for a standalone ApsaraDB for MongoDB instance.
- Optional:Click Test Connection to check whether the connection is successful.
- If the Success message appears, the connection is successful. Click OK.
- In the dialog box that appears, read the message carefully, click OK, and modify the configuration based on the message until the connection is successful.
- Click Login. Note If you want the browser to remember the password, select Remember password and then click Login.
Common connection scenarios
- Connect to an ApsaraDB for MongoDB instance over the Internet
- Connect an ECS instance to an ApsaraDB for MongoDB instance when their network types are different
- How to connect an ECS instance to an ApsaraDB for MongoDB instance when they are in different regions
- Connect an ECS instance with an ApsaraDB for MongoDB instance in another Alibaba Cloud account