Lindorm provides a high-performance, cost-effective, stable, and reliable online time series engine service that is called LindormTSDB. LindormTSDB provides multiple capabilities such as efficient data reading and writing, storage based on a high compression ratio, and time series data aggregation.
- High performance: LindormTSDB provides high write throughput capabilities. LindormTSDB is developed by Alibaba Cloud and allows you to write time series data at a high concurrency.
- Data compression: LindormTSDB provides built-in data compression capabilities. LindormTSDB integrates the time series data compression algorithm developed by Alibaba Cloud and common data block compression algorithms to provide a compression ratio of up to 10:1.
- Time series indexing: LindormTSDB provides built-in time series indexing capabilities. This allows you to run multi-dimensional high-performance data queries based on tens of billions of time series in an efficient manner.
- Time series computing: LindormTSDB provides an aggregation engine to deliver powerful time series aggregation capabilities. The aggregation engine supports more than 10 core aggregation operators, more than 20 filling policies, and more than 10 interpolation algorithms.
- Auto scaling: LindormTSDB uses a distributed architecture and supports online auto scaling. LindormTSDB can meet your requirements for processing and storing various sizes of data.
For more Lindorm features, see Functions and features.
LindormTSDB is widely used in industry scenarios such as IoT, industrial IoT (IIoT), and application performance management (APM). LindormTSDB allows you to write tens of millions of time series data points in seconds and store data at a high compression ratio but at low cost. LindormTSDB also provides features, such as pre-downsampling, interpolation, multi-dimensional aggregate computing, and visualized query results. LindormTSDB can meet your requirements for storing and processing large amounts of time series data.
Methods of connecting to LindormTSDB
- If you use SQL in Java to connect to LindormTSDB, follow instructions in Use Lindorm JDBC Driver to connect to and use LindormTSDB.
- If you use SQL in other languages to connect to LindormTSDB, see SQL API user guide.
- If you are a database administrator or a data analyst, follow instructions in Use Lindorm-cli to connect to and use LindormTSDB.