Lindorm is a cloud native multi-model database service that allows you to store data of all sizes. It uses a cloud native architecture in which computing is decoupled from storage. Lindorm provides multiple benefits, such as elasticity, cost-effectiveness, stability and reliability, ease of use, and ecosystem compatibility.
Cloud native elasticity
- Lindorm uses a distributed architecture in which computing is decoupled from storage. This enables separate auto scaling for computing resources and storage resources.
- You can scale storage resources within seconds and computing resources within minutes. The computing resources include the wide table engine, the time series engine, and the search engine.
Multiple models and hyper convergence
- Lindorm allows you to transfer and synchronize data between models. The search engine can be seamlessly used to store the indexes of the wide table engine and the time series engine to accelerate the execution of complex queries.
- Lindorm provides unified and converged processing and service capabilities that integrate data access, storage, retrieval, computing, and analysis.
- Lindorm allows you to use SQL to interact with your Lindorm instances and run associated queries across multiple data engines.
- Lindorm does not require custom development. It provides built-in capabilities such as data transformation, synchronization, and subscription.
- Lindorm provides performance-optimized storage, standard storage, and capacity-optimized storage to meet the requirements for cost-effectiveness in different scenarios.
- Multiple data engines share a unified storage pool. This helps decrease the number of fragments and reduce costs.
- The unit price of capacity-optimized storage is lower than that of the self-managed storage systems built on Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instances that use local disks.
- Lindorm provides a built-in optimized compression algorithm. The data compression ratio can exceed 10:1, which is more than 50% higher than the compression ratio that is provided by Snappy.
- Lindorm provides a built-in adaptive encoding feature for various data types. Data can be queried without the need for decoding.
- Lindorm provides intelligent separation of hot data and cold data and allows you to use different storage types to store hot data and cold data. This helps reduce the overall data storage costs.
- The wide table engine can handle tens of millions of concurrent requests and store hundreds of petabytes of data. The throughput is 3 to 7 times that of Apache HBase. The percentile 99% (P99) latency is 10% of that of open source Apache HBase.
- The time series engine provides high write performance and query performance, which are 1.3 times those of InfluxDB and 5 to 10 times those of OpenTSDB.
- The search engine is an optimized version of the Lucene engine. The comprehensive performance is 30% higher than that of open source Apache Solr or Elasticsearch.
Ease of use
- Lindorm is compatible with the standard APIs of various open source software and services, such as Apache HBase, Apache Cassandra, Apache Phoenix, OpenTSDB, and Apache Solr. This allows you to seamlessly migrate data to Lindorm.
- Lindorm provides cloud-based managed services and is O&M-free.
- Lindorm provides a GUI for simplified operations. You can use the GUI to manage system settings and access data.
- Lindorm uses a distributed multi-replica architecture to perform automatic disaster recovery of clusters. Lindorm ensures a service level agreement (SLA) of more than 99.9%.
- Lindorm supports cross-zone disaster recovery, ensures strong consistency, and provides high availability capabilities that can meet financial requirements.
- Lindorm provides the active geo-redundancy feature.
- The underlying layer of Lindorm stores data in multiple replicas to ensure a data reliability of up to 99.99999999%.
- Lindorm provides enterprise-grade backup capabilities.
- Lindorm is known for providing services in the previous 10 years during the Tmall Double 11 Shopping Festival. Tens of thousands of Lindorm instances are deployed to support the business of Alibaba Group.
- Lindorm allows you to migrate data from database management systems such as MySQL, HBase, and Cassandra to Alibaba Cloud without downtime.
- Lindorm can be seamlessly integrated with computing engines, such as Apache Spark, Realtime Compute for Apache Flink, Data Lake Analytics (DLA), and MaxCompute.
- Lindorm supports seamless subscription to and processing of data from various log channels, such as Message Queue for Apache Kafka and Log Service.
- Lindorm allows you to subscribe to the real-time incremental data and configure custom settings for data consumption.