You cannot install the Hybrid Backup Recovery (HBR) backup client on an Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instance if the AliyunECSAccessingHBRRolePolicy policy is not attached to the Resource Access Management (RAM) role of the instance. This topic describes how to troubleshoot and resolve this issue.
Perform the following steps to view authorization policies that are attached to the RAM role of an ECS instance:
- Log on to the HBR console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose ECS Instance. . On the ECS File Backup page, click
- On the ECS Instance tab, find the ECS instance that fails to be installed with the backup client and click the link in the ECS Name/ID column.
- On the Instance Details page, view the RAM role of the ECS instance in the Basic Information section.
The preceding figure shows that the AliyunECSAccessingHBRRolePolicy policy is not attached to the RAM role of the ECS instance.
To attach the AliyunECSAccessingHBRRolePolicy policy to an ECS instance that is assigned a RAM role, perform the following steps:
- Log on to the RAM console.
- Click RAM Roles in the left-side navigation pane. On the RAM Roles page, find the RAM role that is assigned to the target ECS instance.
- Click Input and Attach in the Actions column.
- In the Add Permissions pane, select System Policy for Type, enter AliyunECSAccessingHBRRolePolicy in the Policy Name field, and then click OK.
- Go to the HBR console and uninstall and reinstall the HBR backup client.
For more information about how to uninstall and reinstall the HBR backup client, see Deploy an ECS backup client.