E-MapReduce (EMR) allows you to expand data disks for EMR clusters. This topic describes how to expand a data disk.
A cluster is created in the EMR console. For more information, see Create a cluster.
- You can expand only data disks in the EMR console.
- Only the enhanced SSDs, standard SSDs, or ultra disks that are used as data disks can be expanded. Local disks cannot be expanded.
- You can expand the data disks in a node group only when the node group is in the Running state.
- For Hadoop clusters, you cannot scale out a node group that is created on the Auto Scaling tab. For more information, see Configure auto scaling (Hadoop clusters).
After the capacity of a cloud disk is increased, the capacity cannot be reduced. We recommend that you appropriately plan the required storage space.
- Go to the Nodes tab.
- Log on to the EMR console. In the left-side navigation pane, click EMR on ECS.
- In the top navigation bar, select the region where your cluster resides and select a resource group based on your business requirements.
- On the EMR on ECS page, find the cluster that you want to scale out and click Nodes in the Actions column.
- On the Nodes tab, click Resize Disk in the Actions column of the node group whose data disks you want to expand.
- In the Resize Disk dialog box, modify the size of each data disk. Note The new size of a resized data disk must be greater than the original size.
- Click OK. After the data disks are expanded, you can check the disk information in the Disk Information column of the node group.Note If the disks are not expanded, restart the ECS instance that uses the disks.