This topic describes how to create an Alibaba Cloud Logstash cluster and describes the parameters that are used to create a Logstash cluster.
- Go to the Logstash cluster buy page.
- On the buy page, configure the parameters.
Parameter Description Billing Method Logstash provides two billing methods: subscription and pay-as-you-go. You can select a billing method based on your requirements.
- Pay-as-you-go: We recommend that you purchase pay-as-you-go clusters for program development
or functional tests.
You can release pay-as-you-go clusters in the Elasticsearch console.
- Subscription: Discounts are offered for subscription clusters based on subscription
duration. After you purchase a subscription cluster, you can request a refund within
five days. Refunds are no longer provided five days after the date of purchase.
Manual renewal and auto-renewal are supported. For more information, see Logstash renewal. You cannot release subscription clusters in the Elasticsearch console.
Region For more information, see the following table. Zone For more information, see the following table. Network Type Only VPC is supported. VPC Select a VPC in the current region.Notice If you want to use an Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instance to access your Logstash cluster over a VPC, make sure that the ECS instance and Logstash cluster reside in the same VPC. VSwitch Select a vSwitch in the current zone.Notice The number of available IP addresses of the selected vSwitch must be greater than or equal to 50. Cluster Type Only Standard Edition is supported. Logstash Version 7.4 and 6.7 are supported. Node Specifications Logstash provides different node specifications based on the following vCPU-to-memory ratios: 1:1, 1:2, 1:4, and 1:8. The actual specifications in the console shall prevail.
- 1:1: 4 vCPUs and 4 GiB of memory, 8 vCPUs and 8 GiB of memory, 12 vCPUs and 12 GiB of memory, and 16 vCPUs and 16 GiB of memory
- 1:2: 2 vCPUs and 4 GiB of memory, 16 vCPUs and 32 GiB of memory, and 32 vCPUs and 64 GiB of memory
- 1:4: 2 vCPUs and 8 GiB of memory, 4 vCPUs and 16 GiB of memory, 8 vCPUs and 32 GiB of memory, and 16 vCPUs and 64 GiB of memory
- 1:8: 2 vCPUs and 16 GiB of memory, 4 vCPUs and 32 GiB of memory, and 8 vCPUs and 64 GiB of memory
Disk Type The disk type of nodes. Valid values:
- Standard SSD: This is the default value. A standard SSD provides a maximum of 2,048 GiB of storage space. Standard SSDs are suitable for online data analytics and searches that require high IOPS and quick responses.
- Ultra Disk: An ultra disk provides a maximum of 5,120 GiB of storage space. Ultra disks are cost-effective and are suitable for scenarios in which a large number of logs need to be recorded or a large amount of data needs to be analyzed.
Storage Space per Node The storage space of each node. It depends on the disk type. Unit: GiB.
- If the disk type is Standard SSD, the value of this parameter ranges from 20 to 2048.
- If the disk type is Ultra Disk, the maximum value of this parameter is 5120.
Notice You can resize an ultra disk to a maximum of 2,048 GiB. An ultra disk with a storage space greater than 2,560 GiB cannot be resized because the disk is designed to run in disk arrays or RAID 0.
Nodes The number of nodes that you want to purchase. Valid values: 1 to 20. Duration This parameter is displayed only when Billing Method is set to Subscription. The default value of this parameter is 1 Month. Valid values: 1 Month, 2 Months, 3 Months, 4 Months, 5 Months, 6 Months, 7 Months, 8 Months, 9 Months, 1 Year, 2 Years, and 3 Years.The following table lists the regions and zones where Logstash is available. Country or district Region Zone China China (Beijing) Zone C, Zone D, Zone E, Zone F, Zone G, Zone H, Zone I, Zone J, and Zone K China (Hangzhou) Zone E, Zone F, Zone G, Zone H, Zone I, Zone J, and Zone K China (Qingdao) Zone B and Zone C China (Shanghai) Zone B, Zone D, Zone E, Zone F, Zone G, and Zone L China (Shenzhen) Zone A, Zone B, Zone C, Zone D, Zone E, and Zone F China (Zhangjiakou) Zone A, Zone B, and Zone C China (Hong Kong) Zone B, Zone C, and Zone D Asia Pacific Singapore (Singapore) Zone A, Zone B, and Zone C Australia (Sydney) Zone A and Zone B Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur) Zone A and Zone B Indonesia (Jakarta) Zone A and Zone B Japan (Tokyo) Zone A and Zone B Europe & Americas US (Virginia) Zone A and Zone B US (Silicon Valley) Zone A and Zone B Germany (Frankfurt) Zone A and Zone B UK (London) Zone A and Zone B Middle East & India India (Mumbai) Zone A and Zone B
- Pay-as-you-go: We recommend that you purchase pay-as-you-go clusters for program development or functional tests.
- Read the terms of service, select Logstash Terms of Service, and then click Buy Now.
- After a message that indicates creation success is displayed, click Console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Logstash Clusters. In the cluster list that appears, view the newly created Logstash cluster.