This topic describes how to disassociate an elastic IP address (EIP) from a cloud resource. After the EIP is disassociated from the cloud resource, the cloud resource can no longer access the Internet by using the EIP. After you disassociate a pay-as-you-go EIP from a resource, you are still charged an EIP configuration fee.
- Log on to the Elastic IP Address console .
- In the top navigation bar, select the region where the EIP is created.
- On the Elastic IP Addresses page, find the EIP that you want to manage and click Unbind in the Actions column.
- In the dialog box that appears, confirm the EIP and the associated resource, and click OK. When the system prompts that the EIP is disassociated, click OK again. Note After the EIP is disassociated from the resource, if the IP State column displays The EIP is not associated with an instance and is billed or Available, the EIP is disassociated. After you disassociate a pay-as-you-go EIP from a cloud resource, you are still charged a configuration fee for the EIP. To stop the billing, release the EIP.
- For more information about EIP configuration fees, see EIP configuration fees.
- For more information about how to release a pay-as-you-go EIP, see Release a pay-as-you-go EIP.