Workbench provides a GUI for you to manage files in Linux Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instances in a visual manner. This topic describes how to use Workbench to view, add, delete, and modify files in a Linux instance.
- In the left part of the top navigation bar, choose .
- View files. The following figure shows a file navigator.
Create a file
- In a file navigator, right-click the location where to create a file and then select New File.
- In the New File dialog box, enter a name for the file and click OK.
Edit a file
- In a file navigator, right-click a file and select Open.
- Enter content in the editor and click the Save icon in the upper-right corner.
- In the Confirm Saving message, click OK.
Delete a file
- In a file navigator, right-click a file and select Delete.
- In the Confirm Deletion message, click OK.