You can create subscription disks and attach them to subscription ECS instances in the ECS console to increase the storage space of these instances. This topic describes how to create an empty subscription disk to be used as a data disk.
- Create a subscription disk and attach it to a subscription ECS instance in the ECS console.
- When you create an ECS instance, set its billing method to subscription and create disks for the instance. All disks created together with this instance use the subscription billing method. For more information, see Create an instance by using the provided wizard.
- You cannot merge multiple disks by formatting them because they are independent of each other. Therefore, we recommend that you determine the number and capacity of disks that you need before you create them.
- We recommend that you do not use Logical Volume Manager (LVM) to create logical volumes on multiple disks. This is because a snapshot can only back up data of a single disk. If you create a logical volume on multiple disks by using LVM, data discrepancies will occur when you roll back these disks.
- Subscription disks cannot be detached. They expire and are released along with the instances to which they are attached. If you want to release a subscription disk, you can convert it to a pay-as-you-go disk, and then detach and release it.
For information about the subscription billing method, see Subscription.
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- On the Instances page, find the subscription instance for which you want to create a subscription disk.
In the Actions column, choose . The Disk page appears.Note Alternatively, you can choose Create Disk in the upper-right corner. Before you create a disk, you must select the subscription instance to which to attach the disk.in the left-side navigation pane. On the Disks page, click
- On the Disk page, configure the parameters such as Billing Method, Storage, Quantity,
and Disk Name.The following table describes some of the parameters.
Parameter Description Reference Performance Level You can set performance levels only for enhanced SSDs (ESSDs). You can select a performance level based on the capacity of the ESSD. Enhanced SSDs Create from Snapshot You can use a snapshot to create a disk. The snapshot can be created from a system disk or a data disk. Create a disk from a snapshot Data Encryption Disk encryption is applicable to scenarios that require data security and regulatory compliance. If you select this option, data stored in the disk is automatically encrypted. Encryption overview
- Read and select ECS Terms of Service and confirm the configuration fees.
- Click Preview. In the Preview dialog box that appears, confirm the order information and click Create Order.
- Select a payment method and complete the payment.