After you create a pay-as-you-go Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instance, you can change its billing method to subscription to reserve resources at a discounted rate. This topic describes how to change the billing method of an instance from pay-as-you-go to subscription in the ECS console.
- The instance type of the instance is not retired. For more information, see Retired instance types.
- The instance is not a preemptible instance.
- You do not have unpaid orders for the instance.
If you have unpaid orders for the instance, you must pay for the orders or cancel the orders before you can change the billing method of the instance.
- The automatic release time is not set for the instance.
If the automatic release time is set for the instance, you must cancel the automatic release of the instance before you change its billing method. For more information, see Disable automatic release.
- The instance is in the Running or Stopped state.
Note: An order to change the billing method of an ECS instance must be placed when the ECS instance is in the Running or Stopped state. If the instance state changes before the payment completes, the order fails and the billing method does not change. You can go to the Billing Management console and pay for the order when the instance is in the Running or Stopped state again.
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- Use one of the following methods to change the billing method of an instance from
pay-as-you-go to subscription:
- Change the billing method of a single instance: Find the instance and choose Actions column. in the
- Change the billing method of multiple instances: Select the instances and click Switch to Subscription in the lower part of the page.
Note You can change the billing method of up to 20 pay-as-you-go instances at a time.
- In the Switch to Subscription dialog box, complete the settings for the billing method
- Select the duration of the subscription. Instances whose billing methods are changed at the same time must have the same subscription duration.
- Select Switch to Subscription in the Data Disk section if you want to change the billing method of the data disks attached to the instances.
- Read and select ECS Service Terms.
- Select the duration of the subscription.
- Click Create Order and then complete the payment.