This topic describes how to restart one or more instances in the Elastic Compute Service (ECS) console.
PrerequisitesThe instance that you want to restart is in the Running state.
Background informationYou may need to restart ECS instances, usually for maintenance purposes, such as to apply system updates or to save and apply configurations.
Warning The restart operation stops the instance for a short period of time and may interrupt services that are running on the instance. Proceed with caution.
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- Find one or more instances that you want to restart.
- To restart an instance, in the Actions column corresponding to the instance, choose .
- To restart multiple instances, select multiple instances and click Restart in the lower part of the Instances page. Make sure that the selected instances are in the same state.
- In the Restart Instance dialog box, set Restart Mode and then click OK.