You can modify the name of a reserved instance. You can modify the scope (zone or region) of a reserved instance to meet your service requirements. For ease of description, the reserved instance to be modified is referred to as the original reserved instance. The resulting modified reserved instance is referred to as the target reserved instance.
- The original reserved instance is in the Active state.
- No ongoing requests for splitting, merging, or modifying reserved instances exist.
- From a zonal reserved instance to a regional one within the same region
- From a regional reserved instance to a zonal one within the same region
- From one zone to another within the same region
Log on to the ECS console.
In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- On the Reserved Instances page, find the original reserved instance and click Modify in the Actions column.
- In the Modify Reserved Instance pane that appears, reset the name, region, and zone.
Note If instance types used by reserved instances are insufficient in the target zone, you cannot select this zone.
- Click OK.
After you submit the modification request, the original reserved instance enters the Updating state, and the target reserved instance in the Creating state is displayed. You cannot cancel the ongoing request for modifying a reserved instance. If you want to roll back the change made by the modification operation, you can modify the reserved instance again.
- If the reserved instance is modified:
- The original reserved instance enters the Inactive state and expires at the top of the hour when it is modified. The price becomes USD 0.
- The target reserved instance enters the Active state and takes effect at the top of the hour when the original reserved instance is modified. If the target reserved instance is a zonal reserved instance, the zone where resources are reserved will also be updated automatically.
- If the target reserved instance matches one or more pay-as-you-go instances, the billing discount provided by this reserved instance is applied to the matched pay-as-you-go instances starting from the hour when the target reserved instance takes effect.
- If the original reserved instance fails to be modified, it remains active.