Dynamic Route for CDN (DCDN) supports the real-time monitoring feature. This feature allows you to query basic information, back-to-origin traffic, and acceleration performance of an accelerated domain name. The basic information includes bandwidth, traffic, the number of requests, and queries per second (QPS). Real-time monitoring helps you detect anomalies in network traffic and locate errors at the earliest opportunity.
- Use the DCDN console:
Time granularity Maximum time range per query Historical data is available Data delay 1 minute 1 hour 7 days 3 to 5 minutes 5 minutes 3 days 7 days 15 minutes
- Call API operations:
Time granularity Maximum time range per query Historical data is available Data delay 1 minute 1 hour 7 days 5 minutes 5 minutes 3 days 93 days 15 minutes 1 hour 31 days 186 days 4 hours
Differences between resource monitoring and real-time monitoring
Real-time monitoring and resource monitoring are different in terms of time granularity, data delay, and time period within which historical data is available. For more information about time granularities supported by resource monitoring, see Resource monitoring.
Monitoring items and monitoring metrics
- Real-time monitoring collects data based on the region or ISP that client IP addresses belong to. Fees are calculated based on the amount of data transfer, the amount of bandwidth resources consumed, and the number of requests on DCDN nodes in each billable region. The resource monitoring data and the billing data may be slightly different due to different collection methods.
- Data is collected and calculated by calling API operations. For more information, see the API references.
|Monitoring item||Metric||API operation|
|Basic Data||Monitors the bandwidth, traffic, number of requests, and QPS for accelerated domain names.|
|Back-to-Origin Traffic||Monitors the back-to-origin bandwidth and back-to-origin traffic for accelerated domain names.|
|Quality Monitoring||Monitors the request hit ratio, byte hit ratio, HTTP 2xx status codes, HTTP 3xx status codes, HTTP 4xx status codes, and HTTP 5xx status codes for accelerated domain names.|
The traffic usage of accelerated domain names that is queried by using the monitoring or resource usage feature available in the Alibaba Cloud DCDN console or by calling API operations differs from that collected in logs. Typically, the traffic usage of accelerated domain names that is queried by using the monitoring or resource usage feature is 1.1 times that collected in logs. For more information, see Why is the actual billed network traffic different from the network traffic reported by the logging feature?
- Log on to the DCDN console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click .
- On the Real-time Monitoring page, select the monitoring item and metric that you want to view and click Search. The system displays monitoring data based on the specified monitoring item and query conditions. Then, you can analyze the data.