Before you add mPaaS to your project, you need to make the following preparations to satisfy the access condition.
- Install Android Studio
- Install the plug-in of Android Studio mPaaS
- Register an Alibaba Cloud account
- Activate mPaaS
- Adapt to different CPU architecture and set targetSdkVersion
mPaaS framework supports 3.5.x, 3.6.x, and Android Studio of version 4.0.
- For the information about downloading Android Studio, see Android Developers.
- For how to install Android Studio, see Installation guide.
- If you use the earlier version of Android Studio and install the mPaaS plug-in, you need to upgrade Android Studio to version 4.0. Then you can upgrade the mPaaS plug-in to the latest version. For more details, see Upgrade mPaaS plug-ins.
When using mPaaS, you need the plug-in of Android Studio mPaaS as the assistance to manage. Thus, you need to install the plug-in of Android Studio mPaaS firstly. See Install mPaaS plug-ins for more information about the plug-in installation.
When using mPaaS, you need an Alibaba Cloud to manage the mPaaS console. Thus, you need to prepare an Alibaba Cloud account.See Registration process of Alibaba Cloud account for more instructions on the registration process.
Log on to the Alibaba Cloud console. On mPaaS page , click Console or Free Beta to enter Activate products page. Check Terms of Service and click Active Now to activate mPaaS.
mPaaS supports three CPU architecture, armeabi, armeabi-v7a and arm64-v8a, and also supports setting targetSdkVersion as 26 (by defalt), 28 and 29. While accessing mPaaS, you need to add the following configurations in the build.gradle file under the main Module of the project, in order to apply the single armeabi CPU architecture and set targetSdkVersion.
If you need to setting targetSdkVersion as 28 or 29, please refer to the corresponding document to finish the configuration.