Dedicated Host (DDH) is a specialized solution that Alibaba Cloud provides for enterprise customers. It offers highly cost-effective features, such as dedicated physical resources, flexible deployment, and rich configurations. DDH reduces the total cost of ownership (TCO) to migrate resources to the cloud for enterprises.
A dedicated host is a cloud host whose physical resources are dedicated to a single tenant. As the only tenant of a host, you do not need to share the physical resources of the host with other tenants. You can obtain the physical attributes of the host, including the number of CPU sockets, the number of physical CPU cores, and the memory size. You can also create Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instances of an instance family that is compatible with the host type. For more information, see Dedicated host types.
DDH supports automatic deployment and host association. You can use DDH to flexibly deploy your business. For more information, see Functions and features.
DDH provides a dedicated hosting environment for a single tenant based on the virtualization technology of Alibaba Cloud. DDH offers flexible services that enable you to exclusively use all the physical resources of a cloud host at low cost. For more information, see Benefits.
DDH meets strict security and compliance requirements and allows you to bring your own licenses (BYOLs) to the cloud. DDH significantly reduces the cost of migrating your business to the cloud. For more information, see Common scenarios.
For information about Alibaba Cloud services that are supported by ECS instances running on dedicated hosts, see What is ECS?.
The ECS instances on a dedicated host have different features from the ECS instances on a shared host. For more information, see Differences between ECS instances on a dedicated host and those on a shared host.
For information about the limits on the use of DDH resources, see Limits.
You can use the ECS console to create a dedicated host. For more information, see Create a dedicated host.
- Create one or more ECS instances on a dedicated host
- Migrate ECS instances between different dedicated hosts in the DDH console
- Migrate an ECS instance from a shared host to a dedicated host
- Upgrade or downgrade a subscription ECS instance
- Switch the billing method from pay-as-you-go to subscription
- Enable auto-renewal or Manually renew a dedicated host
- Dedicated host: You are charged based on the subscription billing method. For more information, see the Dedicated Host tab in the Pricing section of the ECS product page.
- ECS instances: The billing method depends on the resource type. For more information, see Overview.
For more information, see Overview.