If you want to perform collaborative development in a DataWorks workspace together with other users, you need to add the RAM users that are used by them to the workspace as members and assign roles to the RAM users. This topic describes how to add a RAM user to a workspace and assign a role to the RAM user.
- A DataWorks workspace is created.
- A RAM user is created.
- You are familiar with instructions on permission management in a DataWorks workspace.
- You have the permissions of a workspace administrator. By default, an Alibaba Cloud account has the permissions. For more information about how to obtain the permissions, see Grant the permissions of a workspace administrator to a RAM user.
- Collaborative development scenario
If you want to perform collaborative development in a DataWorks workspace together with other users, you must add the RAM users that are used by them to the workspace as members and assign roles to the RAM users based on your business requirements.
- The permissions that are granted on modules in DataWorks are managed at the workspace level based on the role-based access control (RBAC) model. You can assign different roles to members to manage the permissions on different features in the workspace.
- DataWorks provides built-in roles that are granted fixed feature permissions and allows you to create custom roles based on your business requirements.
- Experience scenario of an Alibaba Cloud account
If you only want to use your Alibaba Cloud account for data development, you can skip the operations described in this topic and directly develop data.
- Go to the Workspace Management page of the workspace to which you want to add members.
- Log on to the DataWorks console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Workspaces.
- Go to the Workspace Management page.
You can use one of the following methods to go to the page:
- Method 1: Move the pointer over the icon in the Actions column that corresponds to the workspace and select Workspace Settings.
- Method 2: Click DataStudio in the Actions columns that corresponds to the workspace. In the upper-right corner of the page that appears, click the icon.
- Add a RAM user to the workspace as a member and assign a role to the RAM user.
You can perform the operations based on the instructions provided in the following figure.Important
- If you want to create a RAM user, you can click RAMConsole in the Add Member dialog box. Then, add the RAM user to the workspace. For more information, see Create a RAM user.
- You must move the RAM user from the Available Accounts section to the Added Accounts section before you assign a role to the RAM user.
- RAM users to which different roles are assigned have different permissions on DataWorks features. For more information about built-in roles for DataWorks workspaces, see Workspace-level roles.
- View and manage member roles.
After you add a RAM user to a workspace as a member, you can view the member information in the member list, modify the role assigned to the member, or remove a member who is not the workspace owner.