The dimension table feature allows you to create MaxCompute tables, import local data to MaxCompute tables, and edit MaxCompute tables in a visualized manner.
- To create a MaxCompute table in DataAnalysis, you must be an administrator, an owner, or a developer of a DataWorks workspace. For more information, see Add workspace members.
- For a MaxCompute table that is created by using the dimension table feature, all fields in the MaxCompute table are of the STRING type. If you need to use fields of other data types, execute Data Definition Language (DDL) statements to create a MaxCompute table on the DataStudio page. For more information, see the "Create a table" section in the Table-level operations topic.
Create a MaxCompute table
- Go to the DataStudio page.
- Log on to the DataWorks console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Workspaces.
- In the top navigation bar, select the region in which the workspace that you want to manage resides. Find the workspace and click DataStudio in the Actions column.
- On the DataStudio page, click the icon in the upper-left corner and choose .
- In the top navigation bar, click Dimension Table.
- On the Dimension Table page, click the icon under New Dimension Table.
- In the New Dimension Table dialog box, set the parameters as required.
Parameter Description Target Workspace The DataWorks workspace to which the MaxCompute table belongs. Table Name The name of the MaxCompute table. The MaxCompute table will be used in the production environment.Note The table name can contain only letters, digits, and underscores (_), and must start with a letter. Table Description The description of the MaxCompute table, such as the purpose or features. Field The fields in the MaxCompute table. Only fields of the STRING type can be added. Lifecycle The lifecycle of the MaxCompute table. The MaxCompute table occupies storage resources in MaxCompute. To make sure that the resources can be recycled, select a proper lifecycle for the MaxCompute table from the drop-down list. If the specified lifecycle expires, the table is deleted.
- Select I have known this risk and confirmed that as owner of this table, I am responsible
for the subsequent changes to this table. Click OK to go to the MaxCompute table editing page to view and modify information about the
table. For more information, see Edit a MaxCompute table.The MaxCompute table created in DataAnalysis is maintained in the production environment. As the owner of the table, you are responsible for the maintenance of the table.
View and manage a MaxCompute table
- Click Return in the upper-left corner of the MaxCompute table editing page or Dimension in the top navigation bar to go to the Dimension page.
- In the All Dimension Tables section of the Dimension page, select I created or Share it with me from the drop-down list in the upper-right corner to view the MaxCompute tables in
the corresponding category.You can also share MaxCompute tables with specific users. For more information, see Share a MaxCompute table.
- Click the file name of a MaxCompute table, or click Edit in the Operation column of the MaxCompute table to go to the MaxCompute table editing
page.On the Dimension page, you can perform the following operations to manage a MaxCompute table:
- To change the owner of a MaxCompute table, perform the following steps: Find the MaxCompute table and click Change Owner in the Operation column. In the Change Owner dialog box, select an owner from the New Owner drop-down list and click OK.
- To delete a MaxCompute table, perform the following steps: Find the MaxCompute table and click Delete in the Operation column. In the Delete message, click OK.