Data Transmission Service (DTS) allows you to temporarily upgrade the specifications of a DTS instance to the maximum for free to meet your requirements for high performance if traffic surges.
- A data synchronization or migration instance that involves incremental data synchronization or migration is created and is in the Running state. For more information about how to create a data synchronization or migration instance, see Overview of data synchronization scenarios or Overview of data migration scenarios.
- The Instance Class parameter is not set to large when you create the data synchronization instance or is not set to 2xlarge when you create the data migration instance. For more information, see Specifications of data synchronization instances or Specifications of data migration instances.
- DTS provides each Alibaba Cloud account with a free quota of temporarily upgrading the specifications of DTS instances for free for a total of three times. After the free quota is used up, you can pay to upgrade the specifications of a DTS instance within your Alibaba Cloud account.
- Each temporary upgrade remains valid for 24 hours. You cannot temporarily upgrade the specifications of a DTS instance if the previous temporary upgrade of the DTS instance remains valid.
- The system automatically restarts a DTS instance when the upgrade starts or ends. The restart takes about 1 minute. If the data of the source database changes during an instance restart, the data of the source and destination databases may become inconsistent.
This section describes how to upgrade the specifications of a data synchronization instance for free. You can follow the procedure to upgrade the specifications of a data migration instance for free.
- Go to the Data Synchronization Tasks page.
- Log on to the DMS console.
- In the top navigation bar, click DTS.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- From the drop-down list to the right of Data Synchronization Tasks, select the region in which your data synchronization instance resides. Note If you use the new DTS console, select the region in which your data synchronization instance resides in the top navigation bar.
- Click the ID of the instance whose specifications you want to upgrade.
- Optional:In the left-side navigation pane, click Task Management.
- In the Progress section, click Incremental Write.
- On the Basic Information tab, click Free upgrade to the right of Rate.
- In the dialog box that appears, click Trial. Free upgrade is changed to Free upgrade experience.
- Optional:Move the pointer over Free upgrade experience to view the expiration time of the temporary upgrade. Note You can also click the History tab to view the temporary upgrade records of DTS instances within the current Alibaba Cloud account. Each record includes the time when the specifications of a DTS instance were upgraded for free, the expiration time of the temporary upgrade, and the status of the DTS instance.
- After the DTS instance is restarted, the temporary upgrade of the instance specifications takes effect.