You can maintain an ApsaraDB for Redis instance during off-peak hours by modifying the default maintenance window.
- Alibaba Cloud maintains ApsaraDB for Redis instances and servers to ensure that they
run stably. Maintenance for instances and servers occurs at irregular intervals. To
ensure that the maintenance is successful, instances enter the Maintaining Instance state before the maintenance window runs on the day of maintenance. When an instance
is in this state, you can still access data in the database. You are temporarily not
allowed to make instance changes in the ApsaraDB for Redis console. For example, you
cannot change the configurations of the instance. However, you can perform queries.
For example, you can query performance monitoring data.
Note Before the maintenance window runs, ApsaraDB for Redis sends SMS messages and emails to the contacts that are associated with your Alibaba Cloud account.
- Instances may be temporarily disconnected when you make changes to the instances. For example, an instance is disconnected when you change the configurations of the instance. To minimize the impacts on your business, we recommend that you perform these operations during the maintenance window.
Notice After the maintenance window runs, the instance is temporarily disconnected. We recommend that you set the maintenance window to a time period that is during off-peak hours.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for Redis console and go to the Instances page. In the top navigation bar, select the region in which the instance is deployed. Then, find the instance and click the instance ID.
- In the Basic Information section, select a time range from the Maintenance Window drop-down list.
- Select a proper time range.
Related API operations
|ModifyInstanceMaintainTime||Modifies the maintenance window of an ApsaraDB for Redis instance. Alibaba Cloud maintains ApsaraDB for Redis instances during the specified maintenance window.|