This topic describes how to restart an ApsaraDB for Redis instance to release all connections when the number of connections reaches the upper limit or when performance issues occur.
During the restart, an instance may be disconnected within seconds. We recommend that you restart the instance during off-peak hours. Before you restart the instance, make sure that your applications can reconnect to the instance.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for Redis console and go to the Instances page. In the top navigation bar, select the region in which the instance is deployed. Then, find the instance and click the instance ID.
- Find the instance that you want to restart and click restart in the Actions column.
- In the panel that appears, configure the parameters.
Parameter Description Update Version If the system detects a new minor version, this parameter is displayed. If you select the check box, the system upgrades the instance to the latest minor version during the restart. If you do not need to upgrade the minor version, clear the check box. Restart mode
- Restart Now: immediately restarts the instance.
- Restart Within Maintenance Window: restarts the instance within the specified maintenance window. For more information, see Specify a maintenance window.
- Click OK.