After you purchase a pay-as-you-go instance, you can change its billing method to subscription.
- The billing method of the instance is pay-as-you-go, and the instance is in the Running state.
Note If the state of this instance changes (for example, to Locked) before you pay for an order for changing the billing method of a pay-as-you-go instance, your payment may fail. You can continue to pay for the order only after the state of the instance changes back to Running.
- You have no unpaid orders in your account for the instance for which you want to change the billing method.
- Unexpired subscription instances cannot be released.
- An instance starts to be billed on a subscription basis immediately after the billing method of the instance is changed to subscription.
- When you change the billing method of a pay-as-you-go instance to subscription, the
system generates an order. The new billing method takes effect only after you pay
for this order. If you have unpaid or pending orders, these orders are displayed on
the Orders page. In this case, you cannot purchase a new instance or change the billing method
of another instance until you pay these orders.
- If you have an unpaid order for changing the billing method of a pay-as-you-go instance to subscription and you have scaled up the instance, the order amount is insufficient for the billing method change due to changed instance configurations. In this case, the order cannot be paid. You must cancel this unpaid order and change the billing method of the instance again.
- If you want to cancel the order, you can cancel the order on the Orders page in the Billing Management console.
- Billing method switch is not available for instances that use phased out instance types.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for Redis console and go to the Instances page. In the top navigation bar, select the region of the instance for which you want to change the billing method.
- Find the instance. In the Actions column, choose .
- Select a period for Subscription Duration.
- Read and select ApsaraDB for KVStore (Subscription) Terms of Service. Click Buy Now and pay for the order.
Related API operations
|TransformToPrePaid||Changes the billing method of an instance from pay-as-you-go to subscription.|