This topic describes how to set the maintenance window of an ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL instance. After you specify a maintenance window for your RDS instance, the backend system performs maintenance on the instance during the maintenance window. This ensures the stability of your RDS instance. The default maintenance window spans from 02:00:00 to 06:00:00 UTC+8. We recommend that you set the maintenance window to an off-peak hour based on your business requirements. This allows you to avoid interruptions to your workloads.
For more information about how to set the maintenance window of an RDS instance that runs another database engine, see the following topics:
- Before the maintenance starts, ApsaraDB RDS sends emails to the contacts that are associated with your Alibaba Cloud account. We recommend that you check your email box on a regular basis to make sure that you receive the emails.
- When the maintenance window arrives, your RDS instance enters the Maintaining Instance state. This allows you to ensure a smooth maintenance process. While your RDS instance stays in the Maintaining Instance state, access and query operations remain available. These operations include performance monitoring. However, modification operations such as upgrade, downgrade, and restart are temporarily unavailable. These operations exclude account management, database management, and IP address whitelist configuration.
- During the maintenance window, one or two transient connection errors may occur. Make sure that your application is configured to automatically reconnect to your RDS instance.
- Access RDS Instances, select a region at the top, and then click the ID of the target RDS instance.
- In the Configuration Information section, click Configure next to Maintenance Window.
- Select an appropriate maintenance window and click OK to save the setting. Note The time zone of the maintenance window is the same as that of the computer that you use to log on to the ApsaraDB RDS console.
|Modify the maintenance time||Changes the maintenance window of an ApsaraDB RDS instance.|