This topic describes how to set the maintenance window of an ApsaraDB RDS for SQL Server instance. The backend system performs maintenance on the RDS instance during the maintenance window. This ensures the stability of the RDS instance. The default maintenance window spans from 02:00:00 to 06:00:00 UTC+8. We recommend that you set the maintenance window to an off-peak hour. This allows you to avoid interruptions to your workloads.
- Before the maintenance starts, ApsaraDB RDS sends emails to the contacts that are associated with your Alibaba Cloud account. We recommend that you check your email box on a regular basis to obtain up-to-date information.
- When the maintenance window arrives, your RDS instance enters the Maintaining Instance state. This ensures a smooth maintenance process. Database access and query operations such as performance monitoring are not affected while the instance is in this state. However, except for account and database management and IP address whitelist configuration, modification operations such as upgrade, downgrade, and restart are temporarily unavailable.
- During the maintenance window, one or two transient connections may occur. Make sure that your application is configured to automatically reconnect to your RDS instance.
Modify the maintenance window of a single RDS instance
- Access RDS Instances, select a region at the top, and then click the ID of the target RDS instance.
- In the Configuration Information section, click Configure next to Maintenance Window.
- Select an appropriate maintenance window and click OK to save the setting. Note The time zone of the maintenance window is the same as that of the computer that you use to log on to the ApsaraDB RDS console.
Modify the maintenance window of multiple RDS instances at a time
- Log on to the ApsaraDB RDS console. In the left-side navigation pane, click Instances. In the top navigation bar, select the region where the RDS instance resides.
- Select the RDS instances whose maintenance window you want to modify and click Modify Maintenance Window blow the instance list.
- In the Modify Maintenance Window dialog box, select an appropriate maintenance window and click OK. Note The time zone of the maintenance window is the same as that of the computer that you use to log on to the ApsaraDB RDS console.
|Modify the maintenance time
|Modifies the maintenance window of an ApsaraDB RDS instance.