This topic describes how to create a system admin account for an ApsaraDB RDS for SQL Server instance. You can use the system admin account to migrate the data of an on-premises SQL Server instance to the RDS instance.
- The RDS instance meets the following requirements:
- The RDS instance resides is the China (Beijing) or China (Zhangjiakou) region.
- The RDS instance runs one of the following RDS editions:
Note By default, the permissions to create a system admin account are not granted to Alibaba Cloud accounts. If you want to create a system admin account, you must apply for the permissions from your account manager.
- RDS Basic Edition.
- RDS Cluster Edition.
- RDS High-availability Edition. This applies if your RDS instance runs SQL Server 2012 or later.
- The RDS instance belongs to the general-purpose instance family or the dedicated instance
Note The shared instance family is not supported.
- Your Alibaba Cloud account is used to log on to the ApsaraDB RDS console.
Note You can view the Creation Time parameter of your RDS instance in the Status section of the Basic Information page in the ApsaraDB RDS console.
- If your RDS instance runs RDS High-availability Edition or RDS Cluster Edition, the instance is created on or after January 1, 2021.
- If your RDS instance runs RDS Basic Edition, the instance is created on or after September 2, 2022.
- After the permissions are granted to your Alibaba Cloud account, you can create system admin accounts for all RDS instances that belong to your Alibaba Cloud account.
- If the permissions are granted to your Alibaba Cloud account, the SLA cannot be guaranteed, and the permissions cannot be disabled or revoked.
- You can create only one system admin account for each RDS instance.
- You cannot create system admin accounts for RDS instances in the CloudTmall system.
- You cannot use the following usernames for system admin accounts:
- Access RDS Instances, select a region at the top, and then click the ID of the target RDS instance.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Accounts.
- On the page that appears, click Create Account and configure the following parameters.
Parameter Description Database Account Enter a username for the account. The username must be 2 to 64 characters in length and can contain lowercase letters, digits, and underscores (_). The username must start with a lowercase letter and end with a lowercase letter or a digit. Account Type Select System Admin Account. Then, read the agreement and select I have read and agree to changes to the RDS Service Level Agreement caused by the creation of a system admin account. Password
Enter a password for the account. The password must meet the following requirements:
- The password must be 8 to 32 characters in length.
- The password must contain at least three of the following character types: uppercase letters, lowercase letters, digits, and special characters.
- The password can contain any of the following special characters:
! @ # $ % ^ & * ( ) _ + - =
Confirm Password Enter the password of the account again. Description Enter a description that helps identify the account. The description can be up to 256 characters in length.
- Click OK. After the account is created, the following page is displayed.