It features cost-effectiveness, flexible billing, on-demand configuration changes, easy deployment, high compatibility, and simple operations and maintenance (O&M).
- For short-term use, we recommend that you choose the pay-as-you-go billing method. A pay-as-you-go instance is charged per hour based on your actual resource usage. If you no longer need your pay-as-you-go instance, you can release it to reduce costs.
- For long-term use, we recommend that you choose the subscription billing method. You can receive larger discounts for longer subscription periods.
For more information about the fees for specification changes, see Billing methods.
On-demand configuration changes
You can purchase an RDS instance with low specifications that can meet your business requirements As the database workloads and data storage increase, you can upgrade the instance specifications. If your business scale becomes small again, you can downgrade the instance specifications to reduce costs.
For more information, see Change the specifications of an ApsaraDB RDS instance and Specification change fees.
- You can use ApsaraDB RDS databases in the same way as databases that run native engines. This relieves the need to acquire new knowledge.
- ApsaraDB RDS is compatible with existing programs and tools. You can use Data Transmission Service (DTS) to quickly migrate data to ApsaraDB RDS. You can also use common data import and export tools to migrate data. The data migration does not require much workforce.
- Alibaba Cloud is responsible for routine maintenance and management tasks of ApsaraDB RDS instances. This includes troubleshooting hardware and software issues and installing database patches.
- You can add, delete, restart, back up, and restore RDS instances in the ApsaraDB RDS console or by calling API operations.