If a secondary instance on a host in an ApsaraDB MyBase dedicated cluster is abnormal or you want to migrate a secondary instance to a host in another dedicated cluster, you can recreate the secondary instance.
Instances that can be recreated
- ApsaraDB MyBase for MySQL instances of the High-availability Edition
- ApsaraDB MyBase for PostgreSQL instances
- When you recreate a secondary instance, you must minimize read and write operations on the primary instance. If a large number of read and write operations are performed on the primary instance, data may fail to be synchronized to the secondary instance.
- The time required to recreate a secondary instance varies based on your data volume and business traffic.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB MyBase console.
- In the upper-left corner of the page, select a region.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Clusters. On the page that appears, find the dedicated cluster that you want to manage and click Details in the Actions column.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Instances.
- Find the instance that you want to manage, and click Create New Secondary Instance in the Actions column.
- The Create New Secondary Instance dialog box appears.
- If you do not want to specify a host for the secondary instance that you want to recreate, click OK. Note If you do not turn on Enable Host, the secondary instance is recreated based on the following rules:
- Preferentially recreate the secondary instance on the same host.
- If the secondary instance cannot be recreated on the same host, select a host on which the primary instance is not deployed in the dedicated cluster.
- If a host is unavailable or the host does not have sufficient space, a message appears. This message indicates that the secondary instance cannot be recreated. In this case, you must add a host or scale up the host.
- If you want to recreate the secondary instance on a specified host, turn on Enable Host, select the host on which you want to recreate the secondary instance, and then click OK.
- If you do not want to specify a host for the secondary instance that you want to recreate, click OK.
Related API operations
|Rebuild instance||Recreates a secondary instance on the same host.|