This topic describes how to create a database account after an ApsaraDB MyBase for PostgreSQL instance is created.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB MyBase console.
- In the upper-left corner of the page, select a region.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click .
- Find the instance that you want to manage, and click Details in the Actions column. In the left-side navigation pane, click Accounts.
- On the Accounts tab, click Create Account.
- In the Create Account panel, configure the following parameters.
Parameter Description Database Account Enter the username of the account. The username must meet the following requirements:
- The username can be up to 63 characters in length.
- The username can contain lowercase letters, digits, and underscores (_). It must start with a letter and end with a letter or digit.
- The username cannot start with pg and cannot contain reserved keywords.
Account Type ApsaraDB MyBase for PostgreSQL instances support two types of accounts: Privileged Account and Standard Account.
- Privileged Account: The account has all permissions on all databases.
- Standard Account: The account has all permissions on the databases that it is authorized to manage.
Password Enter the password of the account. The password must meet the following requirements:
- The password must be 8 to 32 characters in length.
- The password must contain at least three of the following character types: uppercase letters, lowercase letters, digits, and special characters.
- The following special characters are allowed:
! @ # $ % ^ & * () _ + - =
Confirm Password The password of the account. Enter the password again to confirm the password. Description The information that can help you manage the account. The description can be up to 256 characters in length.
- After the configuration is completed, click OK.