An IP address whitelist consists of IP addresses and CIDR blocks that are allowed to access your instance. This topic describes how to configure an IP address whitelist for an ApsaraDB MyBase for SQL Server instance.
- A maximum of 50 IP address whitelists can be created for an ApsaraDB MyBase for SQL Server instance.
- The default IP address whitelist of an ApsaraDB MyBase for SQL Server instance contains only 127.0.0.1 by default. This indicates that no IP addresses can be used to access the instance. The default IP address whitelist cannot be deleted. You can only clear or modify the IP address settings of the whitelist.
- After an IP address whitelist is configured, it takes effect in 1 minute.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB MyBase console.
- In the upper-left corner of the page, select the region where you want to create a dedicated cluster.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- Find the instance that you want to release and click Details in the Actions column.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Data Security.
- Click Create Whitelist. In the dialog box that appears, enter a name in the Whitelist Name field. In the IP Addresses field, enter the IP addresses and CIDR blocks that you want to enable access to the
instance. Then, click OK. Note
- If you specify an IP address, the IP address is allowed to access the instance.
- If you specify a CIDR block, all the IP addresses within the CIDR block are allowed to access the instance. For example, if you enter 192.168.0.0/24 in the IP Addresses field, all the IP addresses from 192.168.0.0 to 192.168.0.255 are allowed to access the instance.
- If you need to specify multiple IP addresses and CIDR blocks, separate them with commas
(,). For example, you can specify 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.0.0/24 in the following
- You can add a maximum of 1,000 IP addresses or CIDR blocks to the whitelists of an ApsaraDB MyBase for SQL Server instance. If you need to specify a large number of IP addresses, we recommend that you combine the IP addresses into CIDR blocks, such as 10.10.10.0/24.
- If you specify 0.0.0.0/0, all IP addresses are allowed to access the instance over the Internet. Proceed with caution.