This topic describes how to change the character set collation and the time zone of system databases after you create an ApsaraDB MyBase for SQL Server instance in a dedicated cluster. ApsaraDB MyBase provides four system databases: master, msdb, tempdb, and model.
- By default, the character set collation used by an ApsaraDB MyBase for SQL Server instance is Chinese_PRC_CI_AS.
- By default, the time zone used by an ApsaraDB MyBase for SQL Server instance is China Standard Time.
No databases other than system databases exist on your ApsaraDB MyBase for SQL Server instance. Otherwise, you cannot change the character set collation or the time zone.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB MyBase console.
- In the upper-left corner of the page, select the region where you want to create a dedicated cluster.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- Find the instance that you want to release and click Details in the Actions column.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Databases.
- On the Databases page, click Change Character Set Collation and Time Zone.
- In the dialog box that appears, configure the parameters.
- Click OK. Note In the left-side navigation pane of the instance details page, click Basic Information. On the page that appears, view the changed character set collation and the changed time zone. If you need to change the character set collation of a user database that you create, run the
alter database <Self-managed database name> collate <Character set collation>command.