You can connect to your ApsaraDB MyBase for PostgreSQL instance over an internal network or the Internet. By default, a private endpoint is provided for you to connect to your ApsaraDB MyBase for PostgreSQL instance. If you want to connect to the instance over the Internet, apply for a public endpoint. This topic describes how to apply for a public endpoint for an instance and release the public endpoint of an instance.
Private and public endpoints
- Log on to the ApsaraDB MyBase console.
- In the upper-left corner of the page, select a region.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Instances and then click PostgreSQL.
- Find the instance that you want to manage and click Details in the Actions column.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Database Connection.
- Apply for or release a public endpoint.
- To apply for a public endpoint, click Apply for Public Endpoint.
- To release your public endpoint, click Release Public Endpoint.
Note After the public endpoint is released, you cannot use the public endpoint to connect to the instance. Proceed with caution.
- In the message that appears, click OK.