This topic describes how to upgrade the minor version of an ApsaraDB for MongoDB instance to the latest in the ApsaraDB for MongoDB console.
- The instance is a replica set or sharded cluster instance.
- The instance is not running the latest minor version. When you use the latest minor version, the ApsaraDB for MongoDB console does not display the Upgrade Minor Version button for the instance.
- You cannot downgrade an instance after you upgrade it.
- When an instance undergoes a minor version upgrade, it is restarted and has a brief disconnection of less than 30 seconds. We recommend that you perform the upgrade during off-peak hours or make sure that your application is configured to reconnect to the instance after it is disconnected.
- ApsaraDB for MongoDB automatically updates the minor version of the instance to the latest version if the minor version of an ApsaraDB for MongoDB instance expires or is not included in the maintenance list and when you perform some operations. This ensures that the ApsaraDB for MongoDB instance can provide higher performance and stability. For more information, see Database version upgrade, Data migration, Overview, Restore backup data to a new ApsaraDB for MongoDB instance by backup point, Restore backup data to a new ApsaraDB for MongoDB instance by point in time, and Restore one or more databases of an ApsaraDB for MongoDB instance.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for MongoDB console.
- In the upper-left corner of the page, select the region where the target instance resides.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Replica Set Instances or Sharding Instances.
- Find the target instance and click its ID.
- On the Basic Information page, click Upgrade Minor Version.Note When you use the latest minor version, the console does not display the Upgrade Minor Version button for the instance.
- In the Upgrade Minor Version message that appears, view the version release log and determine whether to upgrade the instance.Note If you want to upgrade the instance, click Submit. Otherwise, click Close.
- Wait until the instance status changes from Upgrading to Running.