When you create an alert rule, you can specify a contact group as the receiver of alert notifications. If the alert rule is triggered, Application Real-Time Monitoring Service (ARMS) sends alert notifications to the contacts in the contact group. This topic describes how to create and manage a contact group.
- Log on to the ARMS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane of the console, choose .
- On the Contact Group tab, click Create a contact group in the upper-right corner.
- In the Create a contact group dialog box, enter a group name in the Group name field, select alert contacts in the Alarm contact list, and then click OK.
What to do next
- To search for a contact group, go to the Contact Group tab, enter the contact group name or keywords of the name in the search box, and
then click the
Notice Keywords are case-sensitive.
- To edit a contact group, click the icon to the right of the contact group, edit the related information in the Edit Contact Group dialog box, and then click OK.
- To view the contacts in a contact group, click the icon to the left of the contact group to show the group.
Note You can remove one or more contacts from a shown contact group. To remove a contact, click Remove in the Operation column corresponding to the contact.
- To delete a contact group, click the icon to the right of the contact group and then click OK in the message that appears.
Notice Before you delete a contact group, make sure that no monitoring job is running. Otherwise, features such as alerting may be disabled.