Before you connect to a database, you must create a privileged account on the AnalyticDB for PostgreSQL instance.
An AnalyticDB for PostgreSQL instance is created. For more information, see Create an instance.
- Log on to the AnalyticDB for PostgreSQL console.
- In the upper-left corner of the console, select the region where the instance resides.
- Find the instance that you want to manage and click its ID.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Account Management.
- O the Account Management page, click Create Account in the upper-right corner.
- In the Create Account panel, specify Account and New Password, and then confirm the password. The account name is subject to the following limits:
- The name can contain lowercase letters, digits, and underscores (_).
- The name must start with a lowercase letter and end with a lowercase letter or a digit.
- The name cannot start with gp.
- The name must be 2 to 16 characters in length.
The password is subject to the following limits:
- The password must contain at least three of the following character types: uppercase letters, lowercase letters, digits, and special characters.
- The following special characters are supported:
! @ # $ % ^ & * ( ) _ + - =
- The password must be 8 to 32 characters in length.
- Click OK.
For more information about how to create a database account, see Create a database account.