By default, all external IP addresses are denied to access AnalyticDB for PostgreSQL instances. Before you connect to and use an instance, you must add the IP address or CIDR block of your client to the whitelist of AnalyticDB for PostgreSQL.
This step is optional. To connect to a database by using an integrated development environment (IDE), you must configure an IP address whitelist. To connect to a database by using Data Management (DMS), you can skip this step.
An AnalyticDB for PostgreSQL instance is created. For more information, see Create an instance.
- Log on to the AnalyticDB for PostgreSQL console.
- In the upper-left corner of the console, select the region where the instance resides.
- Find the instance that you want to manage and click its ID.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Security Controls.
- On the Whitelist Settings tab, click Modify to the right of the default whitelist.
- In the Modify Whitelist panel, enter the IP addresses or CIDR blocks that are allowed for access in IP Addresses.
- Click OK.
For more information about how to configure an IP address whitelist, see Configure an IP address whitelist.