ApsaraDB for MongoDB provides a zone-disaster recovery solution for replica set instances. This solution deploys the three nodes of a three-node replica set instance in three different zones in the same region. The components in these zones exchange data through the internal network. If any of the three zones becomes unavailable due to unexpected events such as a power or network failure, the high availability system will automatically switch to another zone to ensure the availability of the entire replica set.
- Standalone instances do not support this function.
- You can create multi-zone sharded cluster instances in China (Hangzhou), China (Beijing), and China (Shenzhen).
- When you create a multi-zone replica set instance, you must set Replication Factor to Three Nodes Replica set.
Note If you need more nodes, you can reset the node number after you create the instance.
Node deployment policies of a replica set instance
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for MongoDB console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Replica Set Instances.
- On the Replica Set Instances page, click Create Instance.
- On the Create Instance page, set Region to China (Hangzhou), China (Shanghai), China (Shenzhen), or China (Beijing), and select a multi-zone you need.
- For more information about other parameters for the instance, see Create an instance.
- Click Buy Now. The Confirm Order page appears.
- Read and select ApsaraDB for MongoDB Agreement of Service, and make the payment as prompted.