You must use the internal or public endpoint and port to connect to an RDS instance. This topic describes how to view the internal and public endpoints and ports of an ApsaraDB RDS for PostgreSQL instance and change the internal and public endpoints.
- Log on to the RDS console.
- In the upper-left corner, select the region where the target RDS instance is located.
- Find the target RDS instance and click the instance ID.
- On the Basic Information page, find the Basic Information section, where you can view the internal and public endpoints and ports of the RDS
- The internal and public endpoints are displayed only after you configure a whitelist.
- The public endpoint is displayed only after you apply for it.
Change the internal and public endpoints
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for RDS console.
- In the top navigation bar, select the region where the target RDS instance resides.
- Find the target RDS instance and click its ID.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Database Connections.
- Click Change Endpoint.
- In the Change Endpoint dialog box, specify a prefix for the internal or public endpoint
and click OK.
Note The endpoint prefix must be 8 to 64 characters in length and can contain letters, digits, and hyphens (-). It must start with a lowercase letter.