This tutorial takes German as an example. The German language package is downloaded from Windows Update. A custom image is then created that uses the German language and German keyboard settings. You can then use the custom image to create as many instances as required.
Currently, Alibaba Cloud ECS provides only Chinese and English editions of Windows Server images. If you want to use other language editions, such as Arabic, German, or Russian, you can follow this tutorial to set up and deploy your ECS instances.
- Connect to the Windows instance.
- Open the PowerShell module.
- Run the following commands to disable WSUS temporarily.
Set-ItemProperty -Path 'HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU' -Name UseWUServer -Value 0 Restart-Service -Name wuauserv
- Find the Control Panel, click .
- In the Add languages dialog box, select a language, for example, , and click Add.
- Select the language, such as Deutsch (Deutschland), and click Move up to change the language priority.
- Click Options next to the selected language to check online for language updates.
- Wait for about 3 minutes while the instance checks for updates. Once the update is available for download, click Download and install language pack and wait until the installation is complete.
- Restart your instance, and the display language is changed on next logon.
- Connect to the Windows instance again. The display language is now Deutsch (German).
- Open the PowerShell ISE module and run the following commands to turn WSUS back on.
Set-ItemProperty -Path 'HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU' -Name UseWUServer -Value 1 Restart-Service -Name wuauserv
- Open Windows Update, check for security updates, and re-install all the security updates that are already done before the language settings.
What to do next
Create multiple instances with the same language settings
- Log on to the ECS console.
- and create a custom image by using the Windows instance with the new display language.
- Create a specified number of instances from the custom image.