You can use the RDS console or APIs to create an RDS for MariaDB TX instance. For more information about instance pricing, see Billing methods and billing items. This topic describes how to create an RDS for MariaDB TX instance in the RDS console. For information about how to create an RDS for MariaDB TX by using APIs, see CreateDBInstance.
You have registered an Alibaba Cloud account. For more information, see Sign up with Alibaba Cloud.
- Subscription instances cannot be converted to Pay-As-You-Go instances.
- Pay-As-You-Go instances can be converted to Subscription instances. For more information, see Change the billing method.
- An Alibaba Cloud account can create up to 30 Pay-As-You-Go RDS instances. You can open a ticket to apply for increasing the limit.
- Log on to the RDS console.
- On the Instances page, click Create Instance.
- Select a billing method.
- Pay-As-You-Go: indicates post payment (billed by hour). For short-term requirements, create Pay-As-You-Go instances because they can be released at any time to save costs.
- Subscription: indicates prepayment. You need to pay when creating an instance. For long-term requirements, create Subscription instances because they are more cost-effective. Furthermore, the longer the subscription, the higher the discount.
- Set the following parameters.
Parameter Description Region Indicates the location of the RDS instance you want to purchase. You cannot change the region once you confirm your order.
- Select the region closest to your users to increase the access speed.
- Select the region where your ECS instance is located so that the ECS instance can access the RDS instance through the intranet. If the ECS instance and RDS instance are located in different regions, they can communicate only through the Internet and hence performance is degraded.
Zone A zone is a physical area within a region. Different zones in the same region are basically the same.
You can deploy the master and slave nodes of your RDS instance in the same zone or in different zones.
The supported database engines are MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, PPAS (compatible with Oracle), and MariaDB TX.
In this example, select MariaDB TX.Note The available database engines vary depending on the region you select.
Version For RDS for MariaDB TX, the supported version is MariaDB TX 10.3. Edition Select High-availability. This edition adopts the high-availability architecture with one master node and one slave node.Note The available product series vary depending on the region you select. For more information on the product series, see Product series overview. Network Type You do not need to select a network type. MariaDB TX supports only the VPC network type.A Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) is an isolated network environment and therefore provides higher security and performance than a classic network. For more information, see Create a default VPC and VSwitch.Note Make sure the network type of the RDS instance is the same as that of your ECS instance so that the ECS instance can access the RDS instance through the intranet. Type Indicates the specifications of the RDS instance. Each instance type supports a specific number of CPU cores, memory size, maximum number of connections, and maximum IOPS. For more information, see Instance type list.
RDS for MariaDB TX supports the following instance type families:
- General-purpose instance: owns dedicated memory and I/O resources, but shares CPU and storage resources with the other general-purpose instances on the same server.
- Dedicated instance: owns dedicated CPU, memory, storage, and I/O resources.
- Dedicated host: owns all the CPU, memory, storage, and I/O resources on the server where it is located.
8 Cores 32 GB (Basic) indicates a general-purpose instance, and 8 Cores 32 GB (Dedicated) indicates a dedicated instance.
Capacity Used for storing data, system files, binlog files, and transaction files.
- Set the duration (only for Subscription instances) and quantity, and click Buy Now.
Note For a Subscription instance, you can:
- Select Auto Renew in the Duration section. Then the system can automatically deduct fees to extend the validity period of your instance. For example, if you purchase a three-month Subscription instance with Auto Renew selected, the system automatically deducts frees of three months when the instance is about to expire.
- Click Add to Cart and then click the cart to place the order.