This topic describes how to change the billing method of an instance from subscription to pay-as-you-go. After you create a subscription instance, you can change its billing method to pay-as-you-go if you want to pay for only the actual usage of your resources. After the change, make sure that you have sufficient funds in your account. Otherwise, overdue payments will affect the running of your services.
- The instance for which you want to change the billing method is in the Running or Stopped state.
- The availability of this feature is dynamically determined based on your ECS usage.
- The billing methods of the ECS instance, system disk, and subscription data disks on the instance are changed to pay-as-you-go. The billing method for network usage remains unchanged.
- After the billing method is changed, the subscription duration that was offered for reasons such as the ICP filing, system failure, or migration from on-premises data centers is automatically invalidated.
- A refund generated from the billing method change will consume the refund quota. If
your account has reached the refund quota, you cannot apply for another refund until
the refund record is cleared on the first day of next month. For more information
about the refund quota, see Limits.
The refund amount resulting from the billing method change can be calculated based on the number of vCPUs and the remaining hours in the current billing cycle. Example: 1 refund unit =
1 vCPU × 1 hour.
Assume that you have purchased a subscription instance equipped with four vCPUs for six months. Four months later, you change the billing method to pay-as-you-go. In this case, the refund amount for this instance is calculated based on the following formula:
4 (vCPUs) × 60 (remaining days) × 24 (hours/day) = 5760 (refund units).
- If the instance involves renewal or upgrade orders that have not taken effect, full refunds of the orders are made. If the orders have already taken effect, only partial refunds of the orders are made.
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- Choose one of the following methods to change the billing method of an instance from
subscription to pay-as-you-go:
- Change the billing method of a single instance: Find the instance, and then choose Actions column. in the
- Change the billing method of multiple instances: select the instances and choose in the lower part of the page.
- Read the notes. Read and select ECS Service Terms and then click Switch.
- On the Instances page, the billing method of the instance has been changed to Pay-As-You-Go in the Billing Method column.
- Click the instance ID to go to the Instance Details page. In the left-side navigation pane, click Disks. The billing method of the system disk and data disks (if any) is changed to Pay-As-You-Go in the Billing Method column.