When you create an alert rule, you can specify a contact group as the receiver of alert notifications. If the alert rule is triggered, Application Real-Time Monitoring Service (ARMS) sends alert notifications to the contacts in the contact group. This topic describes how to create a contact group.
- Log on to the ARMS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- On the Contact Group tab, click Create a contact group in the upper-right corner.
- In the Create a contact group dialog box, enter a group name in the Group Name field, select alert contacts in the Alarm contact list, and then click OK.
What to do next
- To search for a contact group, go to the Contact Group tab, enter the contact group name or keywords of the name in the search box, and
then click the
Notice The search is case-sensitive.
- To edit a contact group, click the icon to the right of the contact group. In the Edit Contact Group dialog box, edit the contact group and click OK.
- To view the contacts in a contact group, click the icon to the left of the contact group to show the group.
Note You can remove one or more contacts from a contact group in shown mode. To remove a contact, find the alert contact and click Remove in the Operation column.
- To delete a contact group, click the icon to the right of the contact group. In the dialog box that appears, click OK.
Notice Before you delete a contact group, make sure that no monitoring tasks to which the contact group is attached are running. Otherwise, the alerting feature cannot function as expected.