This topic explains the custom configuration function of Application Monitoring.
In previous releases, you have to manually modify the configuration files to change the configuration. Now, you can modify the configuration on the Custom Configuration tab page.
- Log on to the ARMS Console, and choose Application Monitoring > Application List in the left-side navigation pane.
- On the Application Monitoring instance list page, click the name of a target application.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Application Settings, and click Custom Configuration tab on the right side.
In the Invocation Trace Sampling Settings area, you can toggle on or off the sampling, and set the sampling rate.
The modification takes effect immediately without restarting the application. If the sampling is toggled off, then the invocation trace data is not collected. Please be cautious!
In the Agent Switch Settings area, you can toggle on or off the probe master switch and other plugin switches, and configure the log level.
- The modifications to probe master switch and log level take effect immediately without restarting the application. If the probe master switch is toggled off, ARMS cannot monitor your applications. Please be cautious!
- You must manually restart the application before the modification to plugins takes effect.
In the Threshold Settings area, you can set the slow SQL query threshold, interface response time threshold, and throttling threshold.
In the Advanced Settings area, you can enter the irrelevant interfaces in the Invalid Interface Call Filtering textbox, to rule them out from the Interface Invocation page.