Some common settings of application monitoring, such as the sampling rate of traces, agent switch, and slow SQL threshold, can be directly configured on the Custom Configuration tab.
- Log on to ARMS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- On the Applications page, click the name of the target application.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Application Settings and then the Custom Configuration tab on the right.
Configure trace sampling settings
In the Invocation Trace Sampling Settings section, you can turn on or off the sampling of traces, and set the sampling rate. You only need to enter the number of the percentile in the Sampling Rate Settings field. For example, when you enter 10, the sampling rate is 10%.
Configure the agent switch and log level
In the Agent Switch Settings section, you can turn on or off the master switch of the agent and other plug-in switches, and configure the log level.
Configure threshold settings
In the Threshold Settings section, you can set the slow SQL query threshold, interface response time threshold, and throttling threshold.
Configure advanced settings
In the Advanced Settings section, you can set the interface to be filtered and the maximum length of the method stack.
- Invalid Interface Invocation Filtering: Enter an interface whose call status does not need review. This interface is then hidden from the Interface Invocation page.
- Method stack maximum length: Default value: 128 entries; upper limit: 400 entries.
- Maximum Length of Captured SQL Statements: Default value: 1024 characters; lower limit: 256 characters; upper limit: 4096 characters.
- Capture SQL Bound Variables: Captures the variable value bound with PrepareStatement. This setting takes effect without restarting the application.
- Exception filtering: The exception entered here is not displayed in the chart on the Application Details and Exception Analysis tabs.
- Error Count Filtering: By default, HTTP status codes greater than 400 are counted as errors. You can customize a threshold value greater than 400.
- Compress Traces: Turning on this switch compresses invocation traces and reduces the used storage space.
- Maximum Length of Request Input Parameters: Default value: 512 characters; upper limit: 2048 characters.
- Show Percentiles: Allows for turning on or off quantile statistics.
- Enable application emergency alert: Supports alerts for emergencies such as thread deadlocks and out-of-memory (OOM). The Versions of the ARMS agent must be 2.5.8 +.
Configure thread settings
In the Thread Settings section, you can turn on or off the switch of the thread diagnosis method stack and the thread profiling master switch. You can also set the trigger threshold of the slow call listener.
Configure memory snapshot settings
In the Memory Snapshot Settings section, you can turn on or off memory snapshots. If you turn it on, a memory dump (at most one time a day) will be created in the case of memory leaks.
Configure URL convergence rules
In the URL Convergence Settings section, you can enable or disable the convergence function. You can also set the convergence threshold and convergence rules. URL convergence means that a series of similar URLs are displayed as individual objects. For example, the first half is displayed as a series of URLs in /service/demo. The convergence threshold is the minimum number of conditions for URL convergence. For example, when the threshold is 100, URLs converge only when 100 of them meet the regular expression of the rules.